Fanny packs were once all the range in the 1990s but were soon removed from most brand collections. If you’re a fashion lover, you must know that there aren’t many fashion trends that stay forgotten forever. Even the most divisive trends make it back into mainstream fashion. The same is the case with fanny packs – they’ve received a major high-end upgrade. Now known as Belt Bags, many fashion houses have come up with their own designs.
You shouldn’t expect any tacky nylon or cotton with these bags, as they look flimsy at best. Belt bags have been rebranded as luxurious, sleek, and elegant. Most of them are made with genuine leather and have been amplified. Removable waist straps have also transformed them into crossbody bags.
Here are some of the best designer belt bags that prove fanny packs are the new ‘it’ accessory that you should invest in at once.
1. Belt Bag by Brunello Cuccinelli
The vintage-looking belt bag by Brunello Cuccinelli showcases the impeccable love for detail that the company has. What makes this one of the best designer belt bags is the fact that it’s made by hand. It features two dazzling fine rows of Monili embroidery that ensure that it always stands out. The chain beading detail on the belt bag is outstanding.
This is one belt bag that will help you make the perfect statement at every kind of event. The adjustable and detachable shoulder strap ensures that you can wear this bag however you like. The flap has a secure magnetic closure that snaps securely. The French calfskin is glossy and finished in a way that has enhanced fine natural grain.
- Water-resistant lining
- Zipper on internal compartment
- Removable and adjustable belt
- Detachable and adjustable shoulder strap
- Monili decoration is handmade
- Bag is nickel-free
- Made with French Glossy calfskin
- All products are made in Italy
- None to speak of
2. Kate Leather Belt Bag by Saint Laurent
The sleek Kate Belt bag by Saint Laurent is the perfect bag for people on the go. The company’s logo is proudly displayed on the front in gold metal, which stands out. The bag can also be carried as a pouch since the strap is removable.
The smooth leather feels great to touch. The flap belt is also adjustable and comes with a removable pocket.
- Length is adjustable from 65 to 110cm
- 100% original leather
- A removable strap makes bag versatile
- YSL logo stands out
- Available in 7 colors
- Only available in one size
3. Lou Quilted Leather Belt Bag by Saint Laurent
Yes, two belt bags by Saint Laurent have made their way onto a list of the best designer belt bags (it’s not our fault they make such great bags!). The Lou Quilted Leather Belt Bag is famous for the soft feel of the quilted leather. The textured front looks absolutely great with most outfits. The YSL logo also stands – it’s golden, after all.
The most unique part about this belt bag is the tassel on the belt. It’s inspired by one of their most successful line of handbags.
- A cute detachable tassel on the bag
- Plenty of space for all your essentials
- Genuine leather
- Can only be cleaned with a damp cloth
4. Suede-Trimmed Leather Belt Bag by Chloé C
The Chloe C Suede Trimmed Belt Bag is perhaps the most feminine bag in this list. It stands out wonderfully in every situation and looks simply elegant. While it also comes in a sleek black color, the Sepia brown calf leather is the most popular of the bunch. The warm color makes the bag look absolutely amazing.
This belt bag was created in celebration of femininity and features a large gold C on the front. The leather has a tonal suede trim, which looks incredibly stylish. This material also means that the bag is durable, but you should be careful not to overstuff the bag. The internal slot for the credit card ensures that you keep your essentials safe. You can wear it slung over your shoulder, carry it in your hand, or wear it around your waist. The front flap has a snap fastening, which secures all your belongings.
- Made in Italy
- Comes with a dust bag to protect the purse
- High-quality leather and suede
- Has a credit slot
- The large C can be distracting
5. Sidonie Two-Tone Leather Belt Bag by Prada
Sidonie is one of the best designer belt bags on this list simply because it’s the most iconic one. Prada’s Sidonie belt bag is an Instagram-worthy item that’s been spotted on the feeds on Kaia Gerber and Yara Shahidi. The inspiration for this delightful bag comes from one of Prada’s early styles.
The two-tone leather is available in fun pink and black or a classic white and black. The curved silhouette of the bag is unique and pairs well with most outfits. The detachable chain shoulder strap is a handy feature. You’ll be able to wear it in many different ways.
- Can be worn crossbody, on the waist, over the shoulder, or carried
- High-quality calf leather
- Made in Italy
- Detachable chain shoulder strap
- A unique design of two-tone leather
- Crossbody chain makes it look like a handbag instead of a belt bag
6. Matelassé Lambskin Bag by Miu Miu
The Miu Miu Matelassé Bag is a luxurious take on the classic fanny pack design. It’s one of the best designer belt bags because it doesn’t completely disregard the roots of the accessory.
The funky metallic hue of the Matelassé lambskin glimmers softly and looks fantastic. The soft material also has signature Matelassé stitching. The glided hardware has a sleek finish to give it a lavish look. This versatile belt bag shines splendidly with many outfits. It also comes with an optional chain strap that you can use to wear it cross-body. If you’re looking to enhance your style and stay ready for just about any situation, you need this bag!
- Top zip closure to secure all times
- Optional chain strap and adjustable belt
- Interior wall pocket for smaller essentials
- Satin lining on the inside feels glamorous
- Genuine Lambskin leather
- Made in Italy
- The shiny color may not go with all outfits
7. Ophidia Small Suede Belt Bag by Gucci
The Gucci Ophidia Suede Belt Bag is the best designer belt bag for people who want an iconic but soft bag. The soft suede material feels comfortable to wear, and the patent leather is smooth. The recognizable GG logo of Gucci is featured on the front and gleams beautifully.
The web strips of the belt bag stand out against the outfit. This luxe belt bag is perfect for errand days or when you’re traveling. The waist belt extends into a crossbody length, which looks simply superb.
- An iconic design that goes with everything
- Suede feels soft to touch
- Great for traveling
- Interior patch pocket and exterior zip pocket
- Genuine leather
- Made in Italy
- Top zip closure keeps everything secure
- Not big enough to store more than absolutely essential items
Our Final Thoughts
Belt bags are highly practical, functional, and trendy accessories. As mentioned earlier, they’re making a comeback, and if you want to be at the forefront of this comeback, you need to get the best designer belt bags to boost your style (and to store your things, of course). Any of these best designer belt bags can complete your look and enhance your style.