So, your leather purse or handbag needs to be cleaned…
But, you’re not exactly sure how to best clean it?
You’re in the right place!
With our experience, we’ve found the best leather cleaners for purses and handbags. Any of these choices will help get your bag looking like it did the day you bought it, but one brand of leather cleaner really stands out. Read our leather cleaner buyer’s guide to find out which one that is.
In a Hurry? Here are Our Top Choices
Leather Honey Cleaner
First on the list is the leather cleaner by Leather Honey. Their concentrated formula works wonders on cleaning dirt, oil, stains, and just the grime that comes with leather and vinyl handbags. This small bottle holds enough of the concentrate to make 32 ounces of the cleaner so it should last quite a while.
Check out the details of the Leather Honey Cleaner.
- Has a trusted formula that’s been made in the USA for a long time
- One bottle will last a long time with its concentrated formula
- Satisfaction guarantee, so if you’re not happy you can return it
- It works well in collaboration with the Leather Honey Conditioner, which we’ll go over next
- Leather Honey doesn’t offer a conditioner and cleaner combination kit, so you’ll have to buy them separately
The Leather Honey cleaner is a great product that has worked well for a ton of people. If you decide to go with the Leather Honey cleaner, you’ll also want to buy the Leather Honey conditioner to see the best results on your designer handbag or purse.
Leather Honey Conditioner
Now that you already know about the Leather Honey cleaner, you’ll want to hear about its partner in crime, the Leather Honey Conditioner. These two products are meant to be used together. We love the Leather Honey products because they’ve been around for half a century and they just plain work. They’re exactly what you need to keep your leather products, including purses & handbags, looking like they’re new.
Check out the details of the Leather Honey conditioner.
- It’s a proven leather purse cleaner that’s been working for 50+ years
- Each treatment lasts for approximately half a year
- They have a satisfaction guarantee, so if you don’t like it you can return your bottle
- Like the Leather Honey cleaner, it’s also made in the United States
- Again, there’s no combination kit that includes both cleaner and conditioner with accessories
By purchasing both the Leather Honey products you’ll be able to keep your bags and other leather products looking new for years to come. If you’re going to spend a lot of money on a purse, you might as well spend some money and time to take care of it the right way.
Chemical Guys Leather Lovers Kit
If you’re looking for a full kit to take care of your leather handbags, purses, or other leather products, this is the one for you. It has everything you’ll need including leather scent air freshener, leather conditioner, leather serum, sprayable leather cleaner and conditioner, colorless and odorless leather cleaner, and a microfiber towel and applicator. With this package, no matter what type of leather you need to clean, you’ll have the right product for the job.
Check out the details of the Chemical Guys Leather Lovers kit.
- You’ll always have the right cleaner for any type of leather
- Your bags will stay looking and smelling like new
- The kit also comes with application accessories so you won’t have to buy them separately
- Some customers like other leather cleaners better, but love all the other products
- Containers can leak if not left upright
Overall, this is our favorite leather cleaning kit because it comes with everything you could need. If you’re looking to have everything in your leather arsenal then this kit is perfect. If you’re just looking for a cleaner or conditioner, the Leather Honey may be better for you.
Lexol Leather Conditioner and Cleaner Kit
Maybe you’re looking for a kit, but don’t need five different types of cleaners and conditioners. The Lexol leather cleaning kit is probably more fitting for you. It comes with a bottle of leather cleaner, a bottle of leather conditioner, and two application sponges. This is the best bang for your buck leather cleaning kit around.
Check out the details of the Lexol leather cleaning kit.
- Clean and prolong the life of your leather bag in two steps
- The two large bottles should last a long time
- Bottles have easy-application dispensing caps
- This is a simple kit and doesn’t include other leather products
If you want a simple leather cleaning kit for your bags, the Lexol kit is perfect. It has what you need and no more. At a great price, we find it to be the best bang for your buck when it comes to leather purse cleaners.
Weiman Leather Cleaner & Conditioner Kit
Weiman also has a nice simple leather cleaning kit, but it’s slightly different than the Lexol kit listed above. This kit comes with an all-in-one leather cleaner and conditioner combo, leather wipes, and a microfiber application cloth. If you want simple, this kit has it. The wipes are extremely useful for a quick handbag cleaning after each use.
Check out the details of the Weiman leather cleaning kit.
- Simple application of a cleaner and conditioner in one
- Comes with leather wipes for quick cleaning
- Lacks options for different types of leather and only includes one cleaner/conditioner combo
If you don’t want to worry about using a separate cleaner and conditioner, this kit is great. It has the combo bottle of cleaner and conditioner with an application cloth, plus it comes with leather cleaner wipes, which are perfect for a quick purse cleanup.
Weiman Leather Cleaner Wipes are a Must-Have
No matter what leather cleaner you buy for your purses and handbags, you need to pick up some leather wipes. They’re a necessity to keep your bag nice and clean while you’re using it or between uses. They also help to prevent cracking and fading with UV protection.
These wipes are a must-have for any leather products
Our Final Thoughts
Surely, one of the options listed above will fit what you’re looking for in a leather cleaner for purses. If you really want a quality cleaner and conditioner, get the Leather Honey products. If you want the best kit, go with the Chemical Guys kit. If you want a kit, but don’t need the whole shebang, any of the other options are excellent choices.
No matter which product is the best leather cleaner for your purse situation, I’d definitely recommend adding the leather wipes to your kit. They’re absolutely worth the few bucks that they cost.
« Where to Repair Designer Handbags?
Discount Designer Handbags: Your Ultimate Guide to Scoring the Best Deals »
If you’re instead looking for a home remedy to clean your purse with, check out this DIY article, that explains how to make your own leather cleaner. Just be sure to verify that it won’t mess up your purse in any way.
Now that you’ve seen all the best leather cleaners for purses and handbags, you can select the one that’s best for you, so you can get that grimy bag looking like the day you pulled it off the rack!